June 2020 Main Event
- How to invest now when you can't know the future - participate in leadership trends by selecting funds and ETFs that are currently in favor.
- How to avoid the worst mistakes and position for a variety of outcomes.
- How to balance your assets for both growth and stability.
Sustainable Investing is for Every Investor Who Wants to Manage Risk Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Risk: The degree to which a company’s economic value may be at risk due to ESG issues.A decade ago socially responsible investing was considered a do-gooder’s approach. Today, as the world experiences the effects of climate change, income inequality, loss of privacy and injustice, investors are understanding that these issues pose real risk not just to the planet, but to companies. Sustainable investing aims to help investors assess a company’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) risks, and these risks are becoming increasingly important in this market environment. Funds with strong ESG ratings outperformed conventional funds as stocks plunged in the first quarter of 2020, Morningstar reported. Janet will share how you can be alert to ESG risks in your portfolio and use funds and ETFs to invest in a way that seeks to build wealth and a better world. Janet has decades of experience building and managing fund and ETF portfolios and was an early advocate of what is now called sustainable responsible investing. She’ll show you how to find funds that are right for your goals and your risk needs.
- How sustainability-integrated portfolios aim to provide better risk-adjusted returns.
- Why this could be a good time to invest in ESG funds.
- Impact-oriented funds can help companies as well as investors.
- Download the slides here.
- Download the SRI guide: Who Cares Wins